In Switched from WordPress to Blogofile there are two good things about using Blogofile:
- flat files are almost impossible to hack
- Amazon's S3 (Simple Storage System) can scale incredibly high
There's some downsides:
- blogofile build seems to copy or regenerate every single file
- it's not totally happy being on S3 - it doesn't make index.html files for the archive and category directories.
- there's no easy way to post-via-email or send a link to start a post
Right now I'm writing this with vi and that's far less comfortable than WordPress's editor which I really liked. But I'm sure I'll find TextWrangler or something as suitable for writing blog posts.