This is an easy way to convert images (photos or pictures) in Windows XP using the paint.exe program from Microsoft itself.
It takes 3 steps per picture, so it's not the fastest way to do this. But they're really easy steps. But it also means that you don't have to download any additional tools. That's good if you're concerned about viruses. Or maybe you're using somebody else's computer and you don't want to download something onto their machine.
Have a large .BMP or .GIF image that you want to shrink before uploading? It's easy and pretty quick.
- Click on
- Select "All Programs", then "Accessories", then
- Select "File", then "Open"
- Select the image you want to shrink.
- Click "File", then "Save As"
- Leave the filename alone but use the pulldown to change the "save as type" to JPEG (.JPG;.JPEG;.JPE;.JFIF)
- Click Save.
Have more to do? Repeat the 3 steps for each file you want to convert.
When done, pick File, Exit or click the red X.
In testing, this gave me 90% - and more - reductions in image size. Perfect for uploading your photos to MyAd